TikTok is probably one of the fastest-growing social media apps as it’s managed to amass about 800 million active users in just four years all over the world. TikTok also has significantly high engagement levels as there’s a study that discovered that users were more engaged on that platform than anywhere else.
Also, TikTok’s algorithm is built to allow your videos to be seen by as many people who might be interested in it as possible, so marketing is streamlined.
Research the platform
When joining a new social media platform, the first thing you don’t want for your brand is to seem like you don’t know what goes on in it. If you want to prevent that from happening on TikTok, you have to research how it works and the types of content that are best for it.
Researching the platform will mean getting to know how it works in detail. For that, you must refer to https://setapp.com/how-to/download-tiktok-videos to understand how video downloads work on TikTok. Knowing the types of content that work best on TikTok will help you interact better with the platform’s users and make your business fit in naturally into TikTok’s culture.
When you do your research into TikTok culture, you’ll find that the theme that’s behind almost everything there is fun videos set to hit background tracks.
Make the right content
As you now know that TikTok is about everything creative and fun, you need to get your creative juices flowing to make your own fun content. Producing content for your business’ TikTok shouldn’t be a hard and expensive task as the platform doesn’t need you to create ultra-high quality videos to trend on it.
- For TikTok, you can simply use your smartphone to make the exciting videos you need; however, there’s an important factor you need to consider when creating the content.
- Making funny videos and memes won’t be effective if that doesn’t fit with your brand. In cases like these, stick to making videos that showcase your products/services in a fun manner with an awesome song playing in the background.
Do hashtag challenges
The best way to use TikTok for promoting your business is by initiating a hashtag challenge to allow people to interact better with your brand by creating content for it. One of the most successful examples that prove how effective hashtags can be for your marketing efforts is the #GuacDance campaign launched by Chipotle.
Chipotle’s campaign became the best performing challenge a brand has made on TikTok and resulted in the largest number of guacamoles ever sold in a day by the company.
On that day, Chipotle managed to sell over 800,000 servings of the side, which proves that hashtags can drive people’s interactions with your business beyond social media platforms.
While influencers who are famous on TikTok aren’t that big yet, they’re bound to be, and working with them can help broaden awareness about your brand on the platform. Since most people who use TikTok are between the ages of 16 to 24, they are known as Gen Zs, which means they don’t like traditional ads.
To reach this generation effectively, you might need the help of their favorite influencers to help you connect with them. However, there are a few points you need to consider before choosing an influencer/s for your next campaign.
- You need to get influencers that your target audience finds interesting and that means you have to vet influencers’ past posts to see who interacts with them.
- When it comes to influencer marketing on TikTok, you need to give influencers some space to exercise their creative capabilities to make your campaign a success.
Use TikTok ads
Even though TikTok took some time to introduce ads to their platform, they are available now. You can choose to make an ad that fits into one of their four categories, which are as follows:
- The first type of ad you can choose to use is a TikTok Brand Takeover, which can let your brand storm the platform with marketing content for a day.
- You can also use ads that are called in-feed native content that you may customize to look and feel like the rest of your content.
- TikTok also allows people to add AR effects that businesses can use to enable followers to have fun with their branding material in their own videos.
- When it comes to hashtag challenges, you may also pay to make your hashtags trend faster.
TikTok is a fun platform that is great for creatives. It’s less formal environment doesn’t make it less suitable for conducting business as it presents many opportunities. The best of these opportunities is that TikTok allows you to reach your target market in a setting that would make them less apprehensive and entertained. Using TikTok for your marketing will be a great experience for your customers, your business, and you.