Central Europe is mainly famous for its castles, vineyards, palaces, cathedrals, and beaches. The region also shows a variety of architectural pieces, culture, and influential designs of art. The world’s most beautiful palaces are built there which will give you umpteen opportunities to enjoy!
Now, the most important part is to enjoy the trip! nd to do that, it is imperative that you have a proper plan. Starting with mesmerizing Slovakia, then taking a Bratislava to Budapest train to see wonderful Hungary, before heading to Czechia, for example, seem like a promising option! However, before you start planning the travels, take a look at the castles to put on your bucket list:
- Neuschwanstein Castle- The Neuschwanstein Castle was built in the 19th century in southwest Bavaria in the village of Hohenschwangau. It was a home for the king of Bavaria until he died in 1886. After his death, the castle was open for the public to visit. Around 1.5 million tourists visit the palace every day. It is a real-life inspiration behind the sleeping beauty’s castle in Disneyland and the Walt Disney Castle. You can also explore more about the Castle from the online trip planner.
- The Palace of Pena- Pena Palace is one of the most unique palaces located in the Sintra hills. The palace was intended to be a home for the royals of Portugal. It is a famous national landmark that gives a glimpse of architectural flourishes, facades, and towers. The palace can be seen from anywhere in the park. Also, there is a wide variety of tree species in the forest and the luxuriant gardens.
- Bojnice Castle- The Bojnice castle is built beautifully in the 11th century in Slovakia. The landscape park and the extensive park can never be ignored in the castle. Also, there is a lime tree that is 600 years old and stands on the main entrance of the castle. It has a wonderful collection of furnishings and historic artwork.
- Hohenwerfen Castle- Hohenwerfen castle is 900 years old and is made up entirely of rocks. It is situated in Salzburg Pongau in Austria. The castle was featured in the movie “Where Eagles Dare” which was a huge hit because of the classics. You will completely fall in love with the interiors of the castle. It also provides opportunities to the school children to learn the history and offers amazing demonstrations with birds of prey. There are also major attractions that include weaponry exhibitions, taverns, and shops.
- The Alcazar Castle-The castle was built in the 15th century by Henry IV of Castile in Segovia. It gives a complete aesthetic and psychological effect and is a mixture of residential architecture and army camp-inspired designs. It is shaped like the bow of the ship. It has also been an inspiration for Cinderella’s Castle for Walt Disney.
- The Eltz Castle- The Eltz castle was built in the 12th century in Germany on the hills. It is surrounded on the three sides by Eltbach and the history of the castle is based on the great art and personalities and the events.
Conclusion: Central Europe houses some of the most beautiful castles and palaces in the world that won’t fail to make you fall in love. Make sure to travel the above-mentioned palaces for creating the best memories in your lifetime!