Khanh An Monastery (1055/3D, Quoc Lo 1, D12) began as a humble pagoda erected by Buddhist monk Tri Hien in 1905. A wealthy family later donated six hectares of land for its expansion. During the French occupation, the pagoda was used by Vietnamese revolutionists to hold protests and was therefore vandalized by the French on multiple occasions. In 2006, the pagoda underwent a 10-year renovation, resulting in a beautiful Japanese-inspired monastery made almost entirely of wood.
Images by Vy Lam