India is a country that can impress you at every step of the way. Whether it is the culture, scenic view, geography, history, and even foot – every thing of the nation will mesmerize you and overwhelm you. If you are a foodie and love to explore different cuisines of India, then the country welcomes you and will show the true meaning of ‘Atithi Devo Bhava.’ It is a common saying in the country that when you cross every 4 kilometers, your taste buds will get a new taste. Yes, it is true that every town, village, district, and city of India has a special taste and cuisine to offer. In this article, we will explain the top 10 foods that you should try when you are here.
- Biryani: This is the exclusive that is famous all over the nation. Basically, there are two famous biryanis, one is the Hyderabadi biryani and the second is the Lucknowi biryani. These two dishes are always in competition. However, not many know that every state of the country has a unique variety of biryani to offer. The ingredients are meat, rice, and spices but as you try at different places, you will enjoy a special yet authentic taste. If you have not heard of this dish, then you have to try it irrespective of where you are.
2. Masala Dosa: This is the staple food of South India. Dosa is just like the pancake, but it is made of lentil and rice batter. It is mostly enjoyed as the breakfast item, but people love to have it at dinner as well. It is crispy and soft at the same time and is served with chutney and sambar. You can even find many variations of dosa in south India such as onion dosa, ghee dosa, vegetable dosa, and plain dosa. You can order anything as per your taste.
3. Butter Chicken: If you are a non-vegetarian, then you should not miss out having butter chicken as it is not only popular in India but in the entire world. It is basically a chicken curry with a gravy made of mild spices, curd, and of course butter. It is not a spicy dish and has a bit of sweetness. Hence, it is enjoyed by a lot of people in different parts of the world. Butter chicken can be consumed either with paratha or naan or even fried rice or jeera rice.
4. Chaat: A foodie tour to India is incomplete without tasting the chaat. There is a huge variety of options available in chaat including pav bhaji, golgappe, churumuri, vada pav, papdi chaat, bhelpuri, and many more. Basically, chaat is a mixture of all tastes, especially sour and sweet. It is crunchy and soft as well. There is no Indian who can deny to have chaat. These are available at reasonable rates as well.
5. Matar Paneer: If you are a vegetarian, then you should try to have matar paneer. Matar is peas and paneer is cottage cheese. A vegetarian thali is usually incomplete without this curry. It can be made spicy or not spicy depending upon one’s taste. It tastes much better with naan or paratha and even vegetable rice.
6. Naan and Paratha: These are two different types of breads popular in India. Naan is made of maida and is cooked in a tandoor. Paratha is made of wheat and is cooked on the tawa or pan.
7. Samosa: This snack has come from the Middle East but has become famous in India. It is a triangle shaped crunchy snack that has potato stuffing inside. It is enjoyed with sweet and sour chutney and with tea.
8. Dal makhni: It is a lentil soup that is relished with tandoori rotis and jeera rice. It is basically a dhaba food item and is popular among vegetarians.
9. Barfi: It is a sweet made of cashew nuts, sugar, and ghee. It is a dry sweet and is mostly loved by people in every part of India after the meal.
10. Saag paneer: Saag paneer or palak paneer is another variety of paneer gravy that is made of spinach paste and cottage cheese. It is a vegetarian item and relished by many people at special occasions.
If you are interested in trying any of the above-mentioned recipes, then you need to book your GoAir flights as soon as possible and land in the country. Surely, your taste buds will be on a gastronomical ride in India.